The mission of the Directorate of Student Affairs is to:
- Promote student learning and holistic development that also fosters a recognition and appreciation of diversity;
- Provide services, facilities, and physical structures which encourage interpersonal engagement, stimulation of the learning process and promotes mental, physical health and wellness;
- Foster a campus community which promotes student involvement through enhanced interpersonal and social engagement opportunities, organizations and programs;
- Develop and enhance collaborative relationships with students, faculty, staff, and the external community to better serve student needs and ensure high quality services and programs;
- Develop and expand efforts that encourage student recruitment, retention, and graduation.
- Develop leadership and citizenship skills by involving students in varied group experiences and roles, combined with training, supervision and consultation in leadership and group membership responsibilities and techniques.
- Implement orientation programs which effectively acquaint students with the resources and opportunities available to them and which encourage their probability of success.
- Provide and maintain structures for the development of reference groups and interest groups which respond to the changing needs of students through coordinating student group advising and student leadership training.